Sunday 3 January 2010

Tea time begins. And as I don't appreciate the milky, light tea we have at home, I get to use the comp and listen to the gossip brew at the dining table like hot filter coffees in the mornings. I'm glad alliterations don't smell, cos I've been holding my breath hard for fear of the smell of coffee assaulting my nostrils. I HATE COFFEE!!
The only thing common to the gossip and the drink is the heady flavour of both.
Listening to tales from the housing scheme where my aunt lives, I learn about the geography of the US and visa rules, passport mysteries and more. But the abiding theme seems to be of the long, growing queue of unmarried young men and women, all of course eligible, across the world. I enjoy the shock with which my relatives discover live-in relationships, homosexuality and more.
While my mom and aunt roll their eyes at me when I ask them what's wrong with living in, my grandfather privately tells me it's ok and a natural progression of society! Talk about generation gaps!
With all but one cousins gathered this January afternoon, it has been a study in generations. As my sister, who recently opened the score of great grand children for my grandparents, put it, watching four generations under one roof is a momentous thing. There's so much scope to watch, wonder and learn.
More on that later, cos right now, an extremely irritating serial is piercing its way into my ears and my heart, clogging my thoughts!! Am losing the thread. Crazy, stupid Sun TV serials.

No comments:

Post a Comment