Friday 1 January 2010

New Year...I kept my promise

This year has begun. I have bid goodbye to the one gone by with mixed feelings. It was a year of discovery...about myself, about others around me, and my relationship with others. I have found new loves, lost old ones, rediscovered lost ones. It has been a roller-coaster of a year, that took me to uncharted territories. Some of them will go down to the grave with me. Some have made me think about the person I am, yet others have forced me to question my perception of myself.
It has been a year when I started flirting with poetry yet again from day one. There was a new fresh breeze that blew ideas into my life. They surprised me, confronted me, and confused me. But I am thankful that that breeze did not blow me off my roots.
I have always been worried about my roots, complained about their far-reaching spread, and their lack of relation with my present. But that fresh bout of wind shook me so hard, that I think I at least found myself gasping for a while.
I have hurt many people last year. Some unwittingly, some consciously. I do not regret either. After all, it was a learning process for you as well as me, no?
I have been, as always, very confused about myriad things. Including who I am. But I devoted a big part of last year pondering over that question. I haven't found the answer yet...the seeker that I am. My journey continues.
The new year brings a breath of fresh air. Even at this moment I am confused, about people, about emotions, about relationships. I hope I find some very important answers this year. And I hope I have the courage to acknowledge them. I hope I can stand up for what I believe in, but more importantly, I hope I figure out what I believe in.
God grant me strength to be who I am. God give others the strength to put up with me, forgive me and understand me. Amen

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. The journey is a process unlike HNY, which is an event (or a non-event). Come on... what purpose does it serve? Helps us take stock? But then, that can be done any day.
    All the same, here's wishing your journey continues and becomes more fantastic
    :)
    p.s.: May I say it can always be regrettable to hurt someone and regrets necessarily don't have to pull us down.

    ReplyDelete