Monday 19 April 2010

April 19, 2010

The clouds burst today. They had been carrying their load for quite some time now. They brought some peace to a city clamouring for relief from the heat. After some time, as the evening sky turned into night, a quarter of a moon peeped out. Almost ashamed to show it’s incompleteness, wondering if earthlings would judge it by its appearance.
Little did it know not too many had the time to see it, today tomorrow or fourteen days later.
Surprising, the moon is so linked to love in traditional stories, music and popular culture. A moon is the lady love, a moon unites two distant yet yearning hearts. A moon is what the lovers must cross to reach their blissful netherworld.
And yet, the moon is a loner. Alone in a threatening dark and gloomy sky, the moon fights its battles with the clouds, makes friends with alien stars and holds its own in an alien sky. From the balcony after a long day’s work, I can reach out to it in the hope that it will not judge me my trespasses. It will not hold me guilty for carving out my own path in an increasingly chaotic wilderness.
It will keep me company as it cycles around my world, silent, watchful and patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment