Wednesday 31 March 2010

Random thoughts racing through my mind. Thoughts triggered by a smell here, a sight there. Smells that haunt me forever and more, taking me back to some distant walks that are locked away in the treasury of my memory. Some regrets, but plenty of faith that whatever happens happens for the best.
A childish hope one holds on to when the going gets tough. Some comforts we never give up on. The comforts of the smells of night, of food getting cooked while still in bed, of wet earth, of a particular brand of oil, of much more.
This year is already proving to be a very long one. A lot of things have happened, so many people to have let gone, so many people letting go of me. Some back, in ways unexpected, some back in ways unwanted. A mid-term reality check leaves much desired. Much to be done and much ado about nothing.
But the journey is far from over. The destination far from reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment