Friday 26 March 2010

I looked into the mirror...

Walking down the road the other day, I picked up
a feather. I tucked it behind my ears
Thinking it made me look beautiful.
A few steps ahead, I found an abandoned earring
on a park bench. It seemed made for my ears.
I spotted a friend along the way and asked her how I looked.
She smiled, but didn't say much.
I was too excited to read meaning to the grin. I borrowed her lipstick
to complete my look.
I walked on, a bit dissatisfied. There was more I sought
And more I got. Some changes I liked,
Others I was too attached to to let go of.
A long and meandering walk later I reached home. Tired,
but keen enough to see how I looked.
I stepped into my bathroom and switched on the light.
I looked into the mirror...
...and a stranger looked back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment