Wednesday 30 September 2009

Random thoughts

I am not convinced. About some decisions I have taken. They seem to have been taken by others and imposed upon me. I want to break out of the shackles binding me and scream out, yes there's a voice that's hidden within me. It's not the voice of somebody cracking arbitrary, meaningless jokes or intelligent comments. It's someone who has had a dream, who strangled that dream and now is afraid to dream again. I am scared to move out of this doldrum. If I take a step backward, which is where I want to go, I have to break bonds with so many things that have held me, nurtured me and nourished me since childhood. If I take a step forward, I would have lost the right to dream forever. Not because I have woken up from this one, but because I still don't know why I have woken up from this one.
There is a candle burning in a corner of the room, but the last person to go out left the window open. A strong wind is trying to blow out the flickering flame. Will the wind burn out the light? Or will the flame burst forth and set the whole room ablaze, so that the smoke can reach out to the heavens with renewed faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment