Friday 25 June 2010

One message and a thousand wasted tears.

Two pieces of broken hearts went their different ways five years ago.
Splinters from both entered my eye together all these years later

The tears were bound to flow when the memories surged ahead.
Washing my soul of all the efforts I had put in to steady my own broken heart

Weakening me for a moment, bringing up all the old doubts again
Why had I parted ways with my loved one. Will I regret it five years later?

Then I realised that both my friends have surrounded them with new people and lives
And that old pain of a lost soul mate surfaces now and then, only to subside

Time will heal, a decision will be made, and we’ll again be left with the same choices
To accept or not accept, and to accept with grace or resignation, faith or frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment