Wednesday 10 February 2010

A gift



I feel the sunshine caress my face
I know he belongs to the human race
But this ray that plays with my eyes
Teases me, flirts with me and rejuvenates me
Is mine alone.

To warm me when my heart is cold
To dry the tears my heart can't hold
To lift me when my spirit falls
To give me hope when world seems false
He's mine alone.

And try as I might, logic fails.
A sense of ownership prevails.
A part of the sun is mine alone
And I can't part with this comfort zone
No matter how much I try.

2 comments:

  1. All zones of comfort are not to hold you back. All grey need not be dusk. Look! And a dawn you will see? Ullysses may also want to be a Lotos Eater while sailing the sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this one. didn't know u wrote poetry also

    ReplyDelete