Monday 19 July 2010

Thoughts of an extremely claustrophobic person

Voices, probing voices.
Voices seeking to change my moods,
My life, my fate.

Voices thinking they are omnipotent
Having dreams for me,
Dreams that supercede my reality
That refuse to acknowledge the boundaries I draw for everything that is not of my creation

I have paved my path
And I shall stick to it or pave new ones.
In the process, worlds shall shatter,
New worlds shall evolve.
And with each step, the world will be my creation.

You can dream for me, hope for me, guide me
But you CANNOT live my life.
It is my own and I shall live it my way.

Respect me for the choices I have made.
Respect me for the person I have become.
Don't try to make me somebody I am not.
For then, I lose what little I am existing for.

Respect my spaces. They are very private.
Respect my boundaries. At times, they are very rigid
Respect my existence. At times, it may seem non-existent.
But if you offer to hold me each time I fall,
My growth will be stunted, my individuality abused and my life a failure.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 21, 2010

    apni azadi apne haath hoti hai....azadi apne mann mein hoti hai....hamari marzi ke bina koi hamein baandh nahi sakta.....tum kis had tak free hona chahti ho ye tumhe decide karna hai...

    ReplyDelete